Friday, February 18, 2011

Aunt Cheryl Comes to Visit

Lily and Chloe had their first visitor yesterday when my mom's best friend, whom I call "Aunt Cheryl" came to visit the girls.  Cheryl has been with me throughout my life, from birth until now, and was a great source of strength and compassion for my mother.  I love her dearly.

We couldn't get into the NICU right away because they had an admit.  Whenever they have a c-section that will have a baby coming into the NICU, they shut down the NICU for a while.  We went to lunch together and went looking for an antique shop, which we never found.  We did find the most FABULOUS baby shop I think I have ever been in.  It's called Posh Baby and it's in Beaumont.  It gave me great hope that there are other fabulous shops in Beaumont that I just haven't discovered yet.

We finally got into the NICU and Cheryl held Lily.  I think she fell in love right on the spot.


Cheryl also brought Lily and Chloe some of the most beautiful baby clothes and blankets I've ever seen along with two pink hats with a big flower and sequins that I can't wait to try on them.  These are going to be two of the best dressed babies in town!  Lily performed beautifully, made cute little noises, and stole Cheryl's heart.  She later showed her dramatic side.


Later that night, we found out our doctor had been preparing for the time when they would be ready to move out of the isolettes and into an open air crib.  It may be a few more days because Lily is having a hard time digesting her formula, but they have already prepared the crib for us and are giving us a private room with double crib for them to snuggle in.  How cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment