Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day and We're in Love!

If you have to be in the hospital on a holiday, it might as well be fun.  We brought the nursing staff and doctor a basket of chocolates to thank them for all they have done for the girls.  We brought the girls each a rosary and stuffed animal for their isolette.  Of course one of them had to have a Hello Kitty in there! 



We also got the news that they would be taken off their oxygen and were breathing on their own and got to hold them for a few hours in the evening....best Valentine's present ever!  We have begun to see their personalities emerge.  Lily seems to be crankier than her sister and wiggles a lot.  Chloe settles in quickly and looks like a little doll when she's asleep.  The hot pink hat that a hospital volunteer knitted for Lily fit her personality perfectly.  Chloe, of course, got the soft pink one.




We also went to Babies R Us to work on our registry.  That place not only scares the hell out of me, it overwhelmes me, as well.  I registered online at Babies R Us, Target, Restoration Hardware Baby, and Pottery Barn Baby.  I did it online because I was too overwhelmed to go in the stores.  Really, I probably would have done much better registering at Home Depot.  I am much more familiar with that stuff because my dad rocks and taught his little girl to know her way around a hardware store. 

Did you know there is more than one type of a nipple?  (That's what she said-you're welcome Sam, Ryan, Rod, and Tony.)  No really, there is.  There is also more than one type of bottle.  I registered haphazardly for whatever the store said I "had to have."  When we went over to Babies R Us, I realized how random our registry is right now and promptly turned over registry duties to Brice.  He can put it all in a spreadsheet and make it look pretty.  I just like the feel of the scanning gun in my hands.  It makes me feel empowered.

I love these girls so much that I don't want to put them down, but we finally did around 11:30 p.m. to let them get some sleep.  We went back to our hotel and cooked French bread pizza in the toaster oven we snuck into our room.  I promptly dropped my pizza on the floor, but followed the 3 second rule, so it was all good.  Pizza, champagne, and two snuggly little girls makes for the perfect Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment