Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lily and Chloe meet Grandma and Grandpa Diez/Diaper Time!

Brice's mom and stepdad came to town today to meet their grandchildren.  I think the girls loved meeting them because they were so well-behaved.  Not that they're not well-behaved, but they do have their fussy moments.  Lily just lay there and looked cute while Martine held her. 



In other big news, I have officially changed a diaper.  If you know me, now you're wondering how I avoided changing a diaper all these years.  I have technically changed a diaper, on a pug named Elvito who ran around the house with me chasing him trying to put a diaper on him.  I eventually cornered him and was successful.  If I can change a diaper on a pug, I can change a baby, right?  I was very proud of myself so I told Brice he should try it.  He actually has experience, but not on a preemie.  Here's is Brice doing diaper duty, in an isolette, mind you, which is not an easy feat with all the wires!



I thought I'd show him how it's done so later I changed Lily.  I was trying to tell him that you have to get the diaper ready to quickly move it under her butt when you take away the used diaper.  Not only did Lily pee on me, her sister, Chloe, later shot projectile poop out of her butt which hit me and nearly hit the wall.  I consider myself officially initiated into motherhood.

1 comment: